Friday, November 23, 2012

Movie Review: The Watch

So here I am {the boy}, post-Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping. After having turkey for two meals, suffering from food comas, but not napping and resulting in a Best Drink Ever from Better Buzz Coffee, I am still awake. Plus, I'm pretty excited about coming up on some shoes from the brother, a pair of pants on sale from Sun Diego for Black Friday, and a jacket from Old Navy. All of which may make its appearance on another post or Instagram.

But I digress. The reason for this post is because the girl and I like to share. So what we would like to do is share some movies with you, or at least share our reviews/opinions of movies since we like movies. We'll begin with The Watch. The girl and I will agree on so many points about this movie, she won't have to add much before we publish this post.



His: This isn't the worst movie, but I didn't like it. I would say spoiler alert, but anyone reading this probably wouldn't bother with this movie anyway. It's categorized as comedy & sci-fi, according to IMDB. Comedy, maybe. I got a laugh or two because of Jonah Hill or Richard Ayoade, who you may recognize from The IT Crowd, now THAT's funny. Sci-fi, only because it has aliens in it. I would have never figured Ben Stiller or Vince Vaughn to do some sort of movie with aliens in it, but I guess they were casted for comedic value, if any. Ben Stiller plays Evan, a Costco manager who loves to be in control and make/uphold rules making his character a more serious one. Vince Vaughn plays, well, Vince Vaughn. Actually, he plays Bob, but he is your typical Vince Vaughn character, obnoxious, loud, and crude. To sum it up, these four make up the neighborhood watch in which they end up protecting the city from aliens, which were housed in Evan's Costco and planned to destroy the earth. But the gang prevails. Oh and the twist is **SPOILER ALERT**: Jamarcus, Richard Ayoade, is an alien who turns on his own kind in order to help save the earth.

Verdict: No need to waste 1 hour and 40 minutes, unless you have it to spare. Or maybe just have it on in the background while you do other things. I wouldn't spend any money on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment