Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Better Late Than Never

This year I rang in my birthday snuggled on the couch with the mister because we were both sick with the flu.  Mine wasn't too bad, but his was just horrible.  Later that morning, we attended mass as a birthday tradition.  I always have to give thanks to the big guy for the many blessings that we often take for granted.  After mass and running an errand, we picked up the family to get lunch and do a little shopping.  Thank goodness that's all we did cos we were all pooped once we got home, but of course, that didn't stop Mister B. and I from venturing to out some more.

Pre-birthday lunch fishy faces

Missing Papa B. and the middle sister


After some more shopping, I came home to Mama B's pancit and we ate caaaaaaake!  The rest of the evening was spent at Mister B's place lounging in our pajamas in bed chugging on Theraflu and watching movies and YouTube.  

Since Mister B. and I didn't do dinner the night of my birthday, we went the following Friday during restaurant week.  We had dinner at Katsuya which is located in the Adaz Hotel, formerly know as the Ivy Hotel.  We enjoyed ourselves, the food and had dessert too, but this was our favorite dish of the evening...



...Seared Albacore with Garlic Soy Lemon Butter...with TRUFFLES!!! It's such a simple dish, but the truffles make it delectable.  We savored each bite, each truffle...umami heaven.  That's probably the only thing I would go back to Katsuya for.  I had high hopes for their Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeño, but it didn't compare to Nobu's.  

Although we had a little dessert, we had to go to Extraordinary to have our usual...you know because we were in the neighborhood.


It was low-key this year, but I enjoyed it nonetheless...not to mention, I got some pretty nice things too.

young, fine, and twenty-nine,
miss b.

No comments:

Post a Comment