Sunday, October 28, 2012

DIY Halloween Costumes

This year mister b. and I decided to dress up as one of my favorite Disney characters, Peter Pan {said in an English accent} and Mr. Smee.  We decided to forego buying Halloween costumes because Mr. Smee is not a common one to find.  A bonus to our brilliant plan, we were going to be comfortable!


Mister B.'s costume pieces {red beanie, striped polo, and shorts} were all found at H&M, minus his glasses and flip flops.  His white sideburns were cotton-balls and they were held together onto his beanie with bobby pins.  &&& my costume...I purchased the fleece fabric at Walmart for a whopping $2.45 and followed these instructions to construct the shirt.  The green pants was also purchased at H&M, the hat was gifted from my sister, the belt borrowed from said sister, and the booties were ones I already had.  I decided to forego Peter's sword since Mr. Smee is harmless.


During our little photo-op this afternoon, our neighbors drove by and gave us a thumbs up, so we're definitely more than pleased with the results.  Our pockets are pretty happy too with my costume costing less than $25 and mister b.'s less than $45.  Another bonus, we both get to wear most of the pieces again, minus my fleece top and hat.


&&& of course, the munchkin got dressed up and joined in the fun, as her favorite Disney princess, Ariel.  Mister B. and I already have our costumes planned for next year and we're definitely going the DIY route again!  I hope you all  have/had a fun and festive Halloween day/weekend.  Remember, you're never too old to dress up whether you suit up or slut up {it's the one day where it's appropriate or so they say}.

xoxo,
miss b.

No comments:

Post a Comment